Stripey and me are getting to become good friends! I had a little bit of time to work on it and got the bikini pieces done. This suit is really pretty easy and quick to sew. They are almost complete, I just need to fold over the bottom to create the casing and slip the tie through. I also need to give the tie part a quick press and do some minor hand stitching to close up the little gap where the tie part attaches to the cup part.
I’m somewhat unhappy with them because I forgot to switch to the next bigger size needle while sewing the elastic on the sides. I meant to do that and even thought about it before sewing, but I was texting a friend and just got distracted. As a result, where I did the smaller zig zag to close up the elastic, there are a couple of almost skipped stitches. They’re not skipped, so I’m okay with the integrity of the stitching, it just looks a little odd in a few spots. However, it’s passing the stand a few feet away and look at it test, so it’s staying (unless I feel super ambitious tomorrow). Oh well, nothing is perfect.
Also, when I looked at the instructions, I had a pleasant surprise!
Those numbers that I wrote on the side there are the settings that work best on my machine for those steps! I do try to write in what I use on a pattern because I hate having to try to figure out which size is best…when I KNOW I’ve already done it once! 🙂
I didn’t wake up this morning until 7 minutes before I was supposed to be out the door, so it’s an early night for me tonight!