A Sewaholic Pendrell and (another) Burda 7062

After the white tee fail from the last post, I wanted to move onto a guaranteed winner. Since adapting to my new bright color clothing scheme, I’ve had a somewhat limited work wardrobe, so I decided to make a new pendrell in leftover green fabric.  I made several pendrells in the past (old review here:  http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/70800) , and two of them, the silver and blue, are in heavy rotation until I can get a few more things in the work wardrobe.  I can’t believe that I made those in 2011/2012. Wow…time flies.  Here are the finished shots of my new green one.

IMG_20140628_152712 IMG_20140628_152749 IMG_20140628_152530

 

I just can’t say enough good things about this top. It just goes together perfectly every time.  I still actually have a little of this green fabric leftover.  I’ve ordered the sewaholic Belcarra, and I may use the last of it for that top.  🙂

I also finished another pair of Burda 7062.  I wanted a pair in red, so the other night after work, I stopped by Hancocks and found some decent fabric. It was labeled as gabardine, has zero stretch and doesn’t really wrinkle.

IMG_0600 IMG_0601 IMG_0602

 

Overall, I”m very pleased.  🙂  It’s nice to know you have a pattern that will just work without a whole lot of messing around.  I did the fisheye dart adjustment on these and I think that helped the back view a lot.    There’s still some wrinkles, but I’m not going to sweat them.  🙂  I may put a hook and eye at the top of the zip, or I may just leave it.  These are the type of pants that I will always wear with an untucked top anyway, so it doesn’t really matter.  I think I’m done with this pattern for awhile.  I have a black, blue and now red pair, so I think I have the basics under control.

I also did some supremely utilitarian sewing.  A few years ago, I made Kevin some OSU PJ bottoms, and somehow the buttonholes had ripped apart.  I’m not really sure how this happened, but he asked if I could fix them.   I closed up the holes as best as I could, fused interfacing to the back and then zigzagged over the mess.  I gave him two new buttonholes above it all. It’s not pretty, but they’re wearable.

IMG_20140628_155639

I’m not really sure what’s up next.  I bought some new white fabric and I’d like to go another round with a white top, but I’m not sure which pattern to use.  I don’t want to use the princess seam one b/c I think I’d like to have one that has some design feature at the front. I was thinking about one that has a twist at the front similar to simplicity 1849. Someone just posted a review on it today and I really think I like it.  But I don’t think I have that pattern, so I’ll see if I can find something similar.  In the 50 gazillion patterns that I have, I’m sure to have something suitable.

Happy Sewing!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Burda, Sewaholic, Utilitarian Sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s