Finally!!! This has seemed like the never ending coat project! I put the final touches on it this morning. Here are the dressform shots:
And on me:
Overall, I’m super pleased!! This pattern went together perfectly and I used the threads tutorial to bag the lining. I was worried about sewing the buttonholes, but after some experimentation, I felt confident that it would work.
I highly recommend this pattern…
In the meantime, I’ve been back in stuffed animal land. I get a ridiculous amount of joy out of sewing stuffed animals…and I have a new niece who is about to be born so it seemed like a good reason to sew one! Last night, I quickly worked on this one from Kwik Sew..
It’s made from Kwik Sew 2791 …, which I originally bought for the blanket with the bear head attached. The bear is ok…but he’s not quite the kind of cute that I was going for.
I have an old Mccalls pattern that I picked up from goodwill or somewhere that has a bear in it, but it just seemed fussy and difficult, so I went out today and bought Kwik Sew 3246.
We’ll see how it goes…I was going to start it later today.