First up is Jalie 2005. This is an out of print pattern, but I think it was hugely popular back in the day. I tried the boatneck and really, I don’t like boatnecks that much, so the shirts were seldom worn. But this time, I wanted to give the V neck a try. All in all, it needs some tweaking, but the fit is great. Seriously, I love how i can basically sew a Jalie with minimal adjustments. In fact, in this one, the only thing I think I did was add about 3 inches in length. On the next one, I could use a smidgen more at the hips, and i need to add a little ease to the biceps. This is a lovely, super stretchy knit from Needle Nook Fabrics. She calls it a Milano knit. All I know is that it’s buttery soft. And I have it in a few more colors too! 🙂
With the leftovers, I tried out the Hot Pattern La Strada T that has been nicely aging in my pattern pile for a little bit. It’s not quite done yet in these pics, but its almost there.
And on me!
It’s not quite done yet because once I put it on, I realized it was clinging at the hips. I think that’s partly due to the fabric, and partly because I did a small bust adjustment and removed some of the width at the hips and forgot to re add it to the sides. I posted for help on the Hot Patterns facebook page and got several suggestions, from steam blocking, to adding a side slit, to a godet and several said to just leave it alone. I think tomorrow I’m going to try to insert a little godet in there. I went through the scraps today and I do have a chunk big enough so I’m going to try it. I had time to to do it today, but I was just done and needed a sewing break. When I go back to it tomorrow, I’ll be nice and fresh.
Last weekend, I also made a muslin of the wrap top in the Hot Patterns Triple Torque Knit tops pattern. I forgot to snap a pic of the pattern cover, but it has three styles of knit tops in it, one is a faux wrap, on has a big drape from the one shoulder and one has draping at the tummy. I liked the way the faux wrap looked, so I tested it. This is some seriously crazy fabric. All in all, it’s a good start. I didn’t do a small bust adjustment in that muslin, so I added it later. I also need to raise the armholes and tighten up the neck band a little bit. I think it’s a good top, I just got side tracked. Maybe this week I’ll get back to it. I REALLY like how the neck band is graduated in size. I think that looks very snazzy. 🙂
That’s all for now…work has been keeping me pretty busy so my sewing is mostly limited to the weekends right now. Hopefully things will let up soon!